Thursday, June 14, 2012

Movie Review: Special Forces

The first time heard of the Special Forces movie, I thought it was a film based on the popular Korean FPS game here in the Philippines. It turned out that it's a movie by Stephane Rybojad, a French director who specializes in Documentary Films.


During the press con, Mr. Rybojad shared a lot of interesting stuff including witnessing a lot of battles and gruesome moments while he was in the Middle East. That made me think that he really is the guy who's perfect to direct this movie. 


From the Q and A, I thought Special Forces was going to be a very hardcore action movie but the director said emotions flow heavily in the story so I guessed the film will be combining drama and action.


Special Forces stars Diane Kruger and Djimon Honsou. Diane takes on the role of a reporter who got captured by Taliban rebels. The French goverment ordered a six-man Special Force to retrieve the captured prisoners. Unfortunately, the Taliban rebels outnumbered them and pressured them to take the long way around to get to Afghanistan. The movie was made with excellent cinematography and its outstanding characters made it more realistic and very emotional.


Overall, the movie was great. I've watched a lot of Military Action Films and French Films like District 13 which was also good movie but I think Special Forces is now the top one for me. I hope to see more French films screened here in the Philippines.   


No comments: