Saturday, October 29, 2011

C2 Sarap ng Bukas Concert and Music Video Awarding Ceremonies

I like listening to different kinds of music and enjoy going to concerts. So I was really glad to be invited to the C2 Sarap ng Bukas event last night where 10 talented finalists of the C2 music video creation contest were featured. It’s one of the most exciting events I’ve ever been to!


There, I got a chance to witness some of the Philippines’ most respected bands on stage like Tanya Markova and Callalily plus the newest music sensation Somedaydream who performed a couple of very catchy songs.


This is the first time I’ve heard Tanya Markova play live and it was phenomenal. Their performance level is too high! At first, they may look like some punk gothic band that plays emo music. But when they started playing, they suddenly looked and sounded like harmless kids having fun and singing in front of many people.
Then there’s also this band called Gracenote where the vocalist was able to fully capture the voice of Haley from Paramore. She seems to have a lot of confidence in performing and just doing her thing.


Callalily has the most number of fans that night. I mean, girls just went crazy over the vocalist, Kean Cipriano. I like this band but was kinda disappointed because they did not sing my favorite songs, their old ones, which I started listening to when I was still in high school. But it’s okay, they still performed well to the delight of the audience.


I’d like to congratulate the winners of the C2 music video contest. My bet actually was the one made by Joan Rodriguez. She created a video with a simple story that made a deep impact on me and on many of those who saw it, including my mom. Too bad it didn’t win. I found the concept amazing because the footages showed the many challenges faced by hardworking Filipinos’ and yet, they still manage to smile at the end of each day. That’s a great attitude to have and one that we must always remember.

*Pictures borrowed from Orange Magazine TV's photo album


No comments: