Friday, June 8, 2012

Come Join TOYCON 2012 this coming June 15, 16, & 17!

The Philippine Toys, Hobbies, and Collectibles Convention is coming back on its 11th year! Earlier today, I excitedly attended the press conference in SM Megamall and learned about a lot of cool stuff.


In the conference room, we witnessed the most awaited cosplay battle of the century -- the battle between Marvel Heroes and DC Heroes. It was evident how much effort both teams really exerted in creating their wonderful costumes. Particularly, I was very impressed about the detail in Iron Man's. Although it was just a sort of exhibition "fight" and no winners were declared, I'd vote for The Avengers because I think their costumes were better than those of their competitors'.

Since I listen to K-Pop, I also enjoyed watching the wonderful act of the trio who performed this kind of music. Some of the songs were quite familiar to me and I'd say the performers did great on the dance floor.

Aside from the entertainment, we also got to check out various toy collections that I inspected closely. There was this rare collection of Hasbro stuff that included a lot of GI Joe figures and models from the 80's to the current generation. You'll be able to see these exclusively showcased at the TOYCON so look for them there.

For the past ten years, TOYCON has been highlighting the best of all things pop-culture including movies, anime, comics, gaming, and pop-culture collectibles and memorabilia. 

Honestly, I haven't attended any TOYCON in the past but this year, since I have more time and can travel on my own already, I'll make sure to grab the opportunity to be there. I have always been a fan of Anime, Western Comics like Marvel and DC, and of course Video Games which, I'm sure  I'll see to see a lot of in this year's TOYCON. I heard they are adding a lot of cool stuff so this time, I'll definitely make it.

By the way, Warner Bros. Consumer Products and Pacific Licensing Studio are co-sponsors of the event where it will feature the latest products and merchandise of the highly anticipated film "The Dark Knight Rises" which will be released on July 19, 2012 in theaters and IMAX.

Alongside the TOYCON, there will also be a "DC Comics and The Dark Knight Rises" on ground event at the SM Megamall Events Center. You may also want to check out in store promotion of the DC Comics and Dark Knight Rises merchandise at all SM department stores from June 1 to July 31, 2012. For every single receipt purchase of P500 worth of merchandise, customers may win 1 of 2000 movie passes for the Dark Knight Rises movie and an entry pass to the DC Comics/Dark Knight Rises event on June 16 and 17.

So if you're a toy aficionado or collector, jot down June 15, 16, and 17 on your calendars and head on over to SM Megamall's Megatrade Halls 1, 2 and 3 from 10AM to 9PM! Since it's also Father's Day weekend,don't forget to tag your dad along and have a good time! See you there!

For more information, please log on to www.toyconph.com or visit their Facebook page.


1 comment:

Olivr said...

missed this one.