Friday, October 31, 2014

Food Tasting: Cravings' Sweets and Australia's Di Bella Coffee

Every morning, I start the day by having a cup of coffee. The same goes for most members of my family. We need that fresh cup of goodness to motivate us to bring ourselves out of bed. We usually drink the 3-in-1 coffee mixes though because we either don’t have much time for brewing or we’ve already ran out of ground coffee beans to brew. 

Di Bella Coffee
So it was a privilege to be able to try Di Bella Coffee during its launch at Epicurious in Shangri-La Mall the other day. When I first entered the venue, I was immediately enticed by the wide variety of desserts prepared by the Cravings Group displayed on buffet tables. The fragrance of those sweets along with the aroma of fresh brewed coffee were enough to make my stomach growl. 


But before the food and coffee pairing began, Di Bella founder Philip Di Bella shared his company’s story and his journey on finding the perfect cup of delicious coffee. Philip is a coffee entrepreneur who is passionate in his work. Known as Australia’s “Coffee King”, he inspires others by sharing his own experiences and finding ways to help coffee farmers and Australia’s coffee industry. 

Philip Di Bella
When it was time to give the food, desserts, and coffee a go, I found it hard to start because there were so many to to choose from! 

what to choose?!
Philip instructed us to drink coffee without the sugar, suggesting to drink it along with our desserts. I tried this technique and I was surprised that the blend of sugarless coffee and dessert was really good! 

with my mom and dad
It was exquisite to taste the bitterness of the coffee while the dessert maintained its sweetness at the same time. I was glad to have learned such an impressive style from an entrepreneur of coffee himself. It was a really fun experience to have tried a new combination in drinking coffee and sweets.


No comments: