Sunday, August 7, 2011

Movie Review: Cowboys and Aliens

I just watched the screening of the newly released film “Cowboys & Aliens” yesterday with my dad and found it to be a very good movie. It has a weird, but fresh, new title that I think people have never heard of before in other films. Before the story began, I didn’t expect too much that it was going to be that spectacular compared to other action films because, let's face it, it’s not really a movie that people would seem to relate to.

Surprisingly, I really enjoyed this movie because it has a lot of action involving awesome alien and cowboy gunfights. A certain point in the story that I really liked was the part where the cowboys fought the aliens that invaded their town and were abducting people while, at the same time, extracting gold from the earth because, to them, gold is also a priceless mineral like it is for us.

The main protagonist is a lone cowboy who woke up in the middle of nowhere. He is injured and having no memory of who he is and what happened. I found it very interesting that he had a really high-tech bracelet as a weapon. Also, I found the CGI rendition of the alien spaceships that attacked the town really cool.

If you enjoy action-adventure films, go watch this movie.

No comments: