Saturday, November 19, 2011

Event Coverage: Microsoft Family Day

There's no better way to spend a hot Saturday with your family than going to something as cool as the Microsoft Family Day where me, my mom, and Dad had fun. Last week, we joined other families as we celebrated our weekend with technology at the Microsoft Office in Makati. We were even given shirts to wear for that day.


Children and their parents got to look, touch, feel, and try some of the latest items that use Microsoft products. I saw different brands and high-tech gadgets and gizmos like laptops, cell phones, computers, and many more that were really advanced and cool.

I had a lot of fun checking out the different booths and trying out some of the products. I even saw a mouse that folds up and can fit in your pocket with no wires so that you can always have it with you wherever you go. And then there was this touch mouse that has a sensitive surface such that when you move either two or three fingers on top of it, you can already control what's on your computer screen. You don’t have to move the mouse at all!


I really enjoyed the Microsoft Family Day because there were so many things that I got to try like playing games using the XBox Kinect. It's not like the regular Xbox 360. It is better! With the new XBox Kinect, you can play the latest video game releases of Microsoft through movement sensors. There is a camera especially designed to sense your every movement so that instead of using a controller, you just use your body to play with it physically. It was so much fun to play with.


It was a blast doing the various activities. I even got to play angry birds and watched the Windows 7 commercials in a theater. I had a great time and I hope I could someday have some of those products on display for my own use.


No comments: